The Byron Center Chamber of Commerce sponsors this scholarship program to honor students who demonstrate character and citizenship in our community. All students who meet the eligibility requirements are highly encouraged to apply.
A minimum of four scholarships will be awarded to seniors from Byron Center High School, Byron Center Charter High School, South Christian High School, or Zion Christian High School.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible for consideration, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the Byron Center School District.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Complete the resume form which includes work and/or volunteer history in the community and at school. Please include and explain achievements in each area. (Please print neatly.)
- Submit a personal essay about future personal and professional goals. (Please type.)
- Plan to enroll in an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university.
- Include a letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member.
The Scholarship Award
The Byron Center Chamber of Commerce Scholarship has been established as a maximum $1000 educational gift to be paid directly to the college or university.
To apply for the Byron Center Chamber of Commerce scholarship, you must:
- Complete the Scholarship Application form.
- Submit the application along with the items listed under the “Eligibility Requirements” section.
- The completed application packet should be submitted to the Chamber of Commerce office in one of the following ways:
- Drop off at the Chamber office: 2499 84th St. SW Byron Center, MI 49315
- Mail to: PO Box 124, Byron Center, MI 49315
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for all applicants is Friday, February 10, 2017 (postmarked or dropped off). Applications postmarked or dropped off after February 10, 2017 will not be considered.
The Finalist Interviews
All scholarship applications will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Chamber of Commerce. A group of finalists will be interviewed at a date to be determined. All finalists will be notified of their status in April 2017.
Questions and Comments:
Byron Center Chamber of Commerce
2499 84th St. SW
Byron Center, MI 49315
PO Box 124 | Byron Center, MI | 49315
Amy Zeilenga, Executive Director